Thursday, March 1, 2007

motorcycles, new signs, a mystery solved

I found swirling tracks in the sand, but it was way too big for a sand skink. It was a dirt bike. ATV on the island again. I put up some no unauthorized motor vehicle signs up this morning after FWC folks supplied them. I supplied the fence posts. As I was putting them up, one of the neighbors--I never can remember his name--came over and told me he saw a man and his young son coming in. He said he thought they were from down the road in the circle by APAC(nee Macasphalt). I'll see if the signs are a deterrent. While I was talking to him I learned that the gatecrashing that occurred a couple of years ago was not my ATV guy, but a domestic dispute in which one chased the other in a car and hit the gate. Love and the gate hurt on that one. In the p.m. I brought a hacksaw and divided a couple of long steel pipes, probably antenna poles that will never see analog TV again, into little truck size pieces for another ferrous run in a.m.