Thursday, February 14, 2008

Where's the property line?




I ran into an anomaly this week when I was researching the property records for a growth map change request. I discovered that the property line and the fence line along the west side do not match. I'm talking about a 130-foot to 150-foot gap. I alerted FWC.
If you look closely in the northwest corner, you will see the property boundary and the location of the fire lane are seperated by a wooded area.


After thinking about it, I was wondering whether this portion of the fence line was done as a matter of convenience or whether there was just a miscommuncation somewhtre. The corner post where the fence line was supposed to go west is still there, 150 feet from the other corner. The adjacent property is owned by TECO.
I talked with FWC folks and found out that this happens from time to time. In the overall scheme of things it's not that big a deal. I guess the longer you stay here, the more you notice.