Sunday, October 26, 2008

More ATVs, liatris sprouts etc.


It's always something. I discovered that someone had driven a large-wheeled ATV around recently and tracked the origin to a fence break in back of one of the neighbors' homes on First Avenue. I got the same old story I had received from the other neighbors, which was that someone else did it while they weren't home. Yeah, right. Anyway, a repaired the fence and put up some brush blocking the access. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I walked the fence line and found the cogon grass outside the fence by the substation has exploded, as I was afraid it would. It will need herbicide treatment, I think. I also thinned out any Ceasar weed I found along the back fence line, but will have to go out and take care of Chinese tallow.

It wasn't all bad news, however. I noticed a new Scrub Liatris has sprouted along the path and is in bloom. That's something.