Monday, March 25, 2024

More Lupines And A Bucketful of Debris

 I revisited the site this morning and put down six more flags, five in the first planting area and one in the second planting area.

One interesting change was I found the westernmost seedling just west of the westermost mature plant that has flowered for the past two years.

I visited the volunteer sites and still find no seedlings. Maybe a future burn will change that. 

The mature plants are still blooming, but one looked close to being done.

While I was doing this I walked the trail system and picked some pieces of broken beer and soda bottles and other debris that rain and wind exposed.

I also noticed a vehicle had been on site recently. but had not entered the path full of seedlings next to the first planting area, which made me glad that my friends at FWC have put the word out to avoid that area.