Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bagging & Piling

The work has turned to the mundane and laborious, but perhaps necessary.

I've been piling up some of the larger pieces of land-clearing debris in preparation for the air-curtain incinerator crew. I wasn't sure what was involved until I looked up some web sites and see that it involves bring the debris to a metal chamber where it is burned very hotly to reduce emissions. It occurs to be this was chosen to avoid smoke-management issues.

It also means there will not be a problem with the piles causing hot spots, since the only hot spot will be wherever the equipment is unloaded.

Meanwhile, I've been attacking the flourishing Natal grass growth that has been encouraged by the land-clearing and the plentiful rainfall. I don't know what kind of progress I can make, but I'm going to give it a try.